A Community Group is an intentional gathering of people who meet regularly. Since God designed us for relationships, we believe it is through the connections made in Portland Communities that God will help us grow. Portland Communities are small groups for men, women, marriage & family, singles, young adults, youth, bible study, live free, and various activities. Community Groups meet consistently in locations all around the Portland area—including at the church. With many groups to choose from, we believe there is a group out there for you.
Special Note: While we are observing social distancing protocols during the Coronavirus outbreak, all of our groups are meeting online through digital platforms and social media.
Portland Communities: The Online Experience
While you can sign up to join a community on this page, a great place to start is The Portland Communities Experience. We invite you to join us for a discipleship experience that will deepen your connection with God, His Church and your purpose. Through this eight-week season, it is our hope that you will develop rhythms of discipleship that draw you closer to God, inspire real questions and conversations, and help you find yourself in God’s great story.
What is a small group?
What is a typical meeting like?
Most groups include some kind of food or snack, some hang time, learning spiritual truths together and some time of prayer for each other. Some groups are more activity heavy than others but all groups have fun doing life together.
What type of study does the small group follow?
Small groups either center their discussion time around the Sunday sermons from Portland Christian Center or using approved curriculum on various scriptural topics. The point here is to discuss the truth of God’s word and apply it to our lives each week.
What about childcare?
Not every group provides child care but of those that do, some groups incorporate childcare into the meeting location and others do so at a separate location. Talk to your group leader to find out more.
How do I join a group?
Joining a small group is simple and done online through the Portland Christian Center group finder.
- Search: Search for small groups by clicking on the button below. Then click “Find a Group” and you will be redirected to a page that lists all groups.
- Sort and Find: Sort through your options and find a group you want to visit.
- Connect: Connect with the group by contacting the leader and visiting their group.
Group Leaders Resources
- 3/31/19 – Romans 10
- 4/7/19 – Baptism and Communion
- 4/14/19 – Palm Sunday
- 4/21/19 – Easter Resurrection Hope
- 4/28/19 – Gospel of Mark 1:1-8
- 5/5/19 – Gospel of Mark 1:7-13
- 5/12/19 – Hope (Mother’s Day)
- 5/19/19 – Missions
- 5/26/19 – Gospel of Mark 1:14-45
- 6/9/19 – Gospel of Mark 2:13-17
- 9/8/19 – Gospel of Mark 6:14-29
- 9/15/19 – Gospel of Mark 6:30-44
- 9/22/19 – Vision 2020
- 9/29/19 – Gospel of Mark 6:45-56
- 10/6/19 – Gospel of Mark 7:1-13
- 10/13/19 – Gospel of Mark 7:14-23
- 10/20/19 – Gospel of Mark 7:24-30
- 11/03/19 – Gospel of Mark 7:31-37